Terms & Conditions
1. Using content from the Arts Center of Kershaw County’s website
Please note that the intellectual property rights in all ‘Content’ (including images, editorial or descriptive text, footage or any other media) featured within the ‘Websites’ (www.artscenterkc.org, and all sub-domains) and selected social media platforms, is owned by the ‘Arts Center of Kershaw County’ and other copyright owners as specified wherever possible.
2. Using content from the Arts Center’s website for non-commercial purposes
‘The Arts Center of Kershaw County Owned Content’ in which the Arts Center owns copyright (or related rights) may be used free of charge for non-commercial purposes.
The Arts Center considers non-commercial use to be any use that is not intended for or directed towards commercial advantage of monetary compensation.
The following are examples of non-commercial use of Content featured on the Websites which is permitted, except where other terms expressly apply:
- Using Arts Center Owned Content and works where copyright has expired for non-commercial research, private study, criticism and review, or for the purpose of teaching and instruction within an educational establishment.
- Using limited amounts of copyright material (Arts Center and other creators) without permission for the purpose of parody, caricature and pastiche.
- Downloading and printing of Arts Center copyright learning Content for non-commercial educational use.
For all uses, a sufficient acknowledgment must be made to the copyright holder of work.
4. Using content from the Arts Center’s Website for commercial use
If you wish to use Content for any other purpose, please contact our Marketing Director: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note fees will apply for any commercial use of Content, which includes but is not limited to the following:
- Content for use in publications with a print run of over 4,000 copies
- Content for broadcast, commercial website and digital use
- Content for use on book jackets, book covers and website home pages
- Content for use in exhibition displays or catalogues
- Content for use on any commercial products or packaging
- Content for use in advertising, marketing and promotion
- New photography of objects, digitisation or re-scans of existing photography
To make sure your order is managed efficiently, please provide the following information when contacting Marketing Director for print, electronic or audio-visual use:
- Date of publication/release
- Print run/number of units
- Image size e.g. ¼ page, full screen
- Territorial distribution
- Where will the image feature? (.e.g. front cover, inside)
- Digital rights. Please supply format details and the licensing period required.
5. Crediting and use of Arts Center’s logo
For any Arts Center’s owned content, the following copyright credit line must be used, unless otherwise stated: © Arts Center of Kershaw County
Any use of the Arts Center’s logo must be approved in advance by our Marketing Director: email@example.com
The Arts Center’s brand (including the Art Center’s name and logo) may not be used to suggest any endorsement or approval by the Arts Center of your use of Content.
6. Third party content
The Arts Center has made reasonable efforts to identify any Content in which a third party owns copyright (“Third Party Content”), and to secure permission for its use only by the Arts Center (and its affiliates). Therefore, it is your responsibility to secure any permission or consent required for your own use of such Third Party Content.
If you are not sure who owns the copyright in any Content you wish to use, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you believe that the use of any Content infringes yours or someone else’s rights, please refer to the Art Center’s Copyright Statement (please see section 8).
7. Sharing and uploading content to the Art Center’s Website
By sharing and uploading Content to the Art Center’s Website, you grant the Art Center of Kershaw County free of charge, permission to use that Content in any way it wants (including modifying it and adapting it for operational and editorial reasons). This may include the use of your Content by the Arts Center’s affiliates.
When you upload Content, you are also waiving your right to be identified as the author of the Content and waiving your right to object to derogatory treatment of the Content by the Art Centers and its affiliates and licensees.
When you upload Content, you are confirming that your material is your own original work and that you are fully entitled to grant to the Arts Center non-exclusive rights to use it. You should not violate, plagiarise, or infringe the rights of any third parties including copyright, trade mark, trade secrets, privacy, and publicity, personal or proprietary rights.
Please do not upload Content that features people that have not expressly agreed in writing to have their image made available to the Arts Center on these terms and where Content features children under 16 years of age please also secure the written consent of their parent or guardian.
You agree that any Content that you upload is in no way defamatory, illegal or offensive. The Arts Center reserves the right to remove any Content that it deems unsuitable. This will include Content that is unlawful, harassing, defamatory, abusive, threatening, harmful, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, politically motivated, racially offensive, sexist, homophobic, biphobic, transphobic or otherwise objectionable to or inconsistent with the V&A or its values.
You should not upload any Content that is intended to advertise or promote a business. The Arts Center reserves the right to remove any Content deemed to be advertising material.
The Arts Center reserves the right to use none, part or all of the Content that you upload and may delete any contribution published on to its website at any time.
If you do not want to grant to the Arts Center the above rights or cannot provide the warranties set out above, please do not upload your Content.
8. Copyright statement
One of its aims is to provide access to the arts for diverse audiences, now and in the future.
The Arts Center makes reasonable efforts to protect its own intellectual property rights and the rights of others. If you believe that the use of Content (including images, editorial or descriptive text, footage or any other media) found on the Arts Center’s Website infringes yours or someone else’s rights, please contact us, providing the information requested below:
- Your contact details
- Nature of the complaint
- The full web address of where you found the material
- Proof that you are the rights holder
This Copyright Statement does not obligate the Arts Center to respond to all complaints or other correspondence received about alleged unauthorised use of third party rights. However, the Arts Center will respond to and take any action it considers necessary in respect of all genuine and evidenced complaints or other correspondence received about all such alleged unauthorised use of third party rights.
9. Terms and conditions for buying event tickets and classes
- Please ensure you select your correct date prior to checkout. TICKETS FOR CLASSES AND EVENTS CANNOT BE EXCHANGED OR REFUNDED.
- The Arts Center reserves the right to amend or make alterations to the published details of the event as shall become necessary.
- The Arts Center reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion conduct security searches to ensure the safety of visitors.
- This ticket is valid for one admission only.
- The Arts Center shall not be responsible for loss or damage to personal property brought into the Arts Center’s grounds.
- Any ticket re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain without written permission from the Arts Center becomes void and the holder may be refused entry or ejected from the venue.
- If you require further assistance with your booking, please forward queries to: email@example.com
Changes to these terms
These terms and conditions were last updated in August 2022.
We may change or update these terms from time to time so please check this page occasionally to ensure that you’re happy with any changes.