Administrative & Events Assistant Position
The Arts Center of Kershaw County is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization established in 1974 and headquartered in Camden SC. The mission of the Arts Center is to create an environment that promotes artistic and cultural experiences and provides superior educational, instructional and entertainment opportunities that elevate and enrich the community for all residents of Kershaw County and beyond.
The Arts Center is seeking an administrative and event assistant to provide support and customer service for Arts Center patrons and events. The position is based at the Arts Center office in Camden, SC and hours are Monday through Friday 10:00am – 2:00pm with the occasional Saturday 10:00 am– 2:00pm and additional evening and weekend events or performances as needed. This position reports to the Director of Operations and is responsible for the duties including but not limited to the following:
- Assist customers in person in the box office or by telephone with ticket purchases, class registrations, events, and all information about the Arts Center.
- Maintain and update the Arts Center Board Meetings Minutes notebook.
- Assist with facility rentals including set up, check in, clean up, and securing facilities when rentals are complete.
- Assist with the installation and management of exhibitions in the Bassett Gallery.
- Monitor the climate control room each week to ensure temperature and humidity are appropriate for the Steinway piano. Make arrangements for the piano to be tuned before performances.
- Give tours of the Arts Center of Kershaw County providing the history of the Arts Center.
- Assist with coordinating volunteers for each event and maintaining good relationships with the volunteers.
- Assist with design, set up, facilitating, and cleanup of events including but not limited to all theatre performances, fundraising events, and community events.
- Serve as Front of House manager during events includes preparing box office, concession table, providing volunteers with checklists and cash boxes, maintaining temperature control in event space, and clean up and securing facilities following the event.
- Assist with the coordinating of the annual Holiday Market event which includes: soliciting applications from artists; establishing a selection process; designing the sales space; coordinating the setup and removal of artwork; creating and securing volunteers; coordinating the sales, receipting and payment to the artists with the financial office.
- Assist with the design and proofing of marketing materials.
- Contribute ideas to marketing campaigns.
- Assist with distribution of posters and event cards throughout the area.
- Actively participate in staff meetings and staff development training.
- Perform other duties as needed and deemed necessary by the Director of Operations and the Executive Director.
- Bachelor’s degree and one year of relevant experience; associate degree and three years of relevant experience; or a high school diploma and five years of relevant experience required.
- Accomplished in Microsoft Office Suite with excellent skills in Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook.
- Strong customer relations, oral, and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to think independently and make good decisions.
- Ability to deal effectively and efficiently with multiple tasks, multiple people, interruptions, and ever-changing priorities.
- Knowledge of Arts Center Canvas, an arts organization software; Eventbright, Etix, or other event management software.
Working Conditions: Work is done primarily in an office, but requires some outside work dependent upon events, rentals, etc.
Physical Requirements: Must be able to lift and carry or otherwise move 30 pounds.
Interested applicants are invited to send their resume to Director of Operations Charleston Thompson at [email protected]